SUPPORTING THE CENTER
DNKL is dedicated to providing pure and authentic teachings of the Buddha in a beautiful, rural setting. According to our tradition, Dharma teachings are always free.
Since there is no endowment for the center, DNKL relies on contributions from our community and members to pay our bills, and enable us to continue to host regular and special activities.
DNKL humbly asks for your financial support, as a monthly pledge or one-time donation, to ensure we are able to continue offering classes, host activities and to undertake new projects.
Here are just a few activities our DNKL community has supported in the past year:
- Nepal earthquake relief
- New roof for DNKL monastery
- Concert celebrating Dalai Lama's 80th Birthday
- Summer Children’s Retreat for the children of Tibetan refugees
- Mindfulness and Compassion in the Classroom seminar for educators at WCSU in Danbury, CT
- Support for Gyumed Khensur Rinpoche's retreat
- Living expenses for monks at DNKL
- Support young student monks living in India
- Raising funds to build a new debate courtyard and classrooms at Sera Mey monastery in India
We ask that you pledge your monthly support to provide DNKL with the means to sustain our activities. Not only will this enable the continuation of classes, community events and provide opportunities to help others, but as a pledged member of DNKL you will be invited to a special Member’s Event.
Individual donations are requested to sponsor special needs at DNKL. These include:
- Complete work required for the monastery’s certificate of occupancy
- Parking area for students and guests
- Repair broken drainage and maintain the pond
- Healthcare and books for young monks in India
- SUV for safe and reliable transport of DNKL monks, guests and supplies
- Compensation for DNKL caretaker
- Salary for full-time Operations Director
- Develop a monthly children’s program
- Install yurts for private and small group retreats
- Stupa and circumambulation pathway
- Tibetan Buddhist architectural embellishments for the temple entrance
- Classrooms beneath the newly expanded temple
- Pathway around the temple for circumambulation, and also for handicapped access to lower levels
Many thanks for your contributions to our growing center. We rejoice in your generosity, and pray for your future happiness, health and well-being.
In dharma and with palms together,
The DNKL Board of Directors